An applicant’s file must be complete prior to the deadline to be considered by the Screening Committee for an interview with the Admissions Committee. Each application file must contain all of the following items. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application is received prior to the deadline, including transcripts and reference letters.
- Doctorate of Nurse Anesthesia Practice: Practice Doctorate Program Application
(application form available on MTSA website, www.mtsa.edu)
- Application fee through NursingCas
- Three (3) professional references (all references are subject to verification)
- These must be from the following individuals: two from current ICU shift leader, team leader, nurse manager, or other nursing supervisor and one from an academic reference.
- Please have correct and complete addresses and phone numbers listed on the application form, in the event MTSA needs to contact them for further recommendation or clarification.
- The applicant will list the references names and contact information in NursingCas and the evaluation form will automatically be sent to the references for them to complete and upload into NursingCas.
- GRE scores if applicable. The GRE scores must be sent to NursingCas. MTSA school code: 1410
- A copy of current BLS/ACLS certification
(PALS is not required prior to interview but is required prior to enrollment.)
- A copy of current RN license
- A copy of the current RN license for each state in which the applicant currently holds an RN license, including the expiration date for each.
- A list of all states in which the applicant has ever held an RN license
- A personal letter to the Admissions Committee
- This letter should briefly describe your educational background, nursing experience, reason for desiring the specialty of nurse anesthesia, and reason for desiring admission to MTSA, specifically.
- This letter should be no more than one page, single-spaced, with 12-point font.
- Official academic transcripts from EVERY institution of higher learning attended.
- This includes transcripts for any and all non-degree seeking academic courses taken since high school.
- MTSA cannot accept transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.” The transcripts must be sent to NursingCas from the institution.
Submit all of the above items through NursingCAS prior to the admission deadline.