The Fitness Center is an excellent facility provided for the health and wellness benefit of students, faculty, staff, and administration. There are also separate male and female shower facilities in the P.T. Magan building. This can be accessed during off-hours with the student card access.
We ask that all students using the center follow the guidelines and procedures below for their own safety, to maintain the equipment, and to assure cleanliness of the facility. Before you can use the center, you will need to sign a waiver which will be discussed during Intensive Week.
General Rules for Fitness Center Use
Participants are asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Complete Fitness Center Waiver located in the Student Portal.
- Participants must report injuries to either 911 or the MTSA Administrator on-call.
- Please show respect for the equipment, facility, and toward others using the center.
- Do not move or rearrange the equipment and/or exercise machines, unless otherwise permitted.
- No horseplay or loud, offensive language will be tolerated.
- Use a spotter when lifting heavy weights. Do not drop or throw the weights. Keep hands and loose clothes away from weight stacks, cables, and pulleys.
- To assure that all participants are able to use the machines, please limit use of cardio machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Proper attire is required at all times: Shirts, shorts or exercise pants, and athletic shoes must be worn. No sandals, open-toe shoes, or bare feet. Sport-bras must be covered by another shirt.
- Plastic water bottles are allowed. All other drinks, food, and glass containers are not allowed.
- The use of photographic equipment to take pictures of any person in the fitness center is prohibited without written consent of the person(s) being photographed.
- Please wipe off equipment after use with the sanitizer(s) that is provided. Please pick up trash, towels, and personal belongings before leaving. Try to leave the center in better condition than when you arrived.
Consult your physician prior to undertaking exercise in the center.